NeoMed Management is a signatory of the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investment Initiative (PRI) and recognises the importance of Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) issues when it comes to investment strategies and long-term performance.
As institutional investors, we have a duty to act in the best long-term interests of our beneficiaries. In this fiduciary role, we believe that ESG issues can affect the performance of investment portfolios (to varying degrees across companies, sectors, regions, asset classes and through time). We also recognise that applying these Principles may better align investors with broader objectives of society.
Therefore, where consistent with our fiduciary responsibilities, we commit to the following:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
The Principles for Responsible Investment were developed by an international group of institutional investors reflecting the increasing relevance of ESG issues to investment practices. The process was convened by the United Nations Secretary-General.
For more information about the PRI, please visit the PRI homepage: http://www.unpri.org/